Self Portrait



One of my new favorite blogs is the Paper Mama. She is having a Self Portrait Challenge over at her blog. So I thought I might join the fun. Although after I took this photo, I thought, Hmmm... I might have a large forehead? Or maybe it's just the angle? And doesn't it look like one eye is looking one way and the other eye another way? Am I cross-eyed? Or just have magical eyes?

Just got over the flu, no makeup, dirty hair. But happy to be feeling a bit better!


Obsessing over…
Friday Night Lights! For years everyone and their mother has been telling us to watch this show. We finally did. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Stop Watching! 
Working on…
Lots of random craft projects. I found this really ugly wooden calender thingy at the thrift store and I'm determined to give it an amazing make-over! 
Thinking about…
Portlandia... Put a Bird on It! 
Anticipating…
My husband coming home from work. He called to tell me he has flu like symptoms. I feel really bad for him because I know exactly how he feels. 

Listening to…
Lissie Station on Pandora. It plays a great mix of all my favorite bands.
And my baby in his crib "talking". It's the sweetest sound of all! 
Eating…
I'm not eating much because I've had the stomach flu. So I nibble on toast and I had some chai tai, but it kind of made me feel worse. 
Wishing…
I had more time in the day to get all the things I want to get done. It just never happens. 





Comments

Unknown said…
You look beautiful. My husband just had a blood test for MONO. Yuck.
vmichelle said…
Lovely self-portrait. We never seem to see ourselves the way others do...

On the topic of Portlandia, I can't get that song out of my head. "The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland...". I don't find all of the skits equally humorous, but the ones that I like really crack me up. And living in Austin, I can relate. This is a place where we sell tie-dyed baby onesies and bumper stickers that say "Keep Austin weird".
seriously- how do you look that good after being sick... i don't look that good on my best days!
Rachel said…
Aww....good to see a picture of you! So glad you are watching FNL...it'll ruin you for every other show!
You look fabulous for having just had the flu! On a second note- Portlandia...jeez...that show is amazing.
Anonymous said…
Wishing there was more time in every day too!
Great blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House